The TWPC Project is classified as nearshore and turbines will be in an intertidal water depth of of approximately 1.5 to 7 meters. The turbines will be installed on reinforced onshore gravity foundations that are raised above sea level on multi-pile structures and connected to shore with link bridges that carry onshore power cables and facilitate easy access to the turbines for operation and maintenance purposes.
The main components of the TWPC Project are:
• 12 wind turbines in the nearshore area and 110kV project substation and administration building in Truong Long Hoa commune, Duyen Hai town, Tra Vinh province.
• 20 km 110 kv power line from the project substation to the existing 110kV Duyen Tra substation. The transmission line passes through five communes: Truong Long Hoa, Dan Thanh and Long Toan in Duyen Hai Town, and Long Khanh and Ngu Lac in Duyen Hai District.
Clean renewable energy generated by the TWPC Project will be transmitted to the grid and sold to EVN under a long-term Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
• Ground-breaking ceremony in April 2019
• Environmental Impact Assessment approved by Department of Natural Resources and Environment (DoNRE) in May 2019
• Feasibility study approved by Energy & Renewable Energy Authority (EREA) in July 2019
• PPA Signing: 30 September 2019
• Vestas appointed as the EPC Contractor and Notice to Proceed (NTP) in December 2019
Engineering, Procurement and Construction contract
Vestas Wind Technology Vietnam LLC
Vestas Asia Pacific A/S
Scope of Work
Vestas will provide a turn-key solution with delivery, installation and commissioning of 12 V150-4.2 MW wind turbines, as well as the civil and electrical balance of plant. The order also includes a 10-year Active Output Management 4000 (AOM 4000) service agreement, designed to maximise uptime and ensure optimised performance of the site.
TWPC (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
* CIO (50%)
* STI (50%)
CEF 400 B.V