TWPC’s Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) project
The WASH project is focused on providing clean water for drinking, cooking and personal hygiene in order to maintain a healthy life and reduce the transmission of water-borne diseases in the Project area.
Providing safe water to unreached households and villages via last mile piping.
The project follows strategies
• Partnership: in collaboration with the government (Province, commune, and hamlet), key partners and stakeholders (communities, SNV, Pcerwass) work to maximize the project outcomes.
- SVN is the implementing consultant for the WASH project.
- Provincial Center for Water Supply and Sanitation (Pcerwass) was contracted for construction activities and ongoing maintenance of project facilities.
• Community involvement: community members have been mobilized to establish monitoring WASH committees, to contribute to labor supervision, and locally available people for engaging and solving any grievance raised by the household.
• Capacity strengthening: to improve overall project planning, implementation, monitoring, and technical support (to Pcerwass, subcontractors etc).
• Social behavioral change communication (SBCC): SBCC approach to bring sustainable change at the individual, community, and societal levels regarding good hygiene practices
The WASH project was implemented during October and November of 2022, on a large scale, specifically in Truong Long Hoa, Long Toan, Dan Thanh communes (Duyen Hai Town), and Long Khanh, Ngu Lac communes (Duyen Hai District)which are located in Tra Vinh province.
The project was funded by CFM and STI has achieved significant impacts on the local community.
- 1,172 families have been connected to piped water
- 4,453 meters of new water piping installed
Mr. Pham Xuan Tuan – TWPC’s Environmental, Safety, and Social Manager shared:
“Improving access to clean water and sanitation for households and communities is part of TWPC and Ecotech's Community Development Programme to enhance local people's health in Tra Vinh province, with an emphasis on Duyen Hai town, Duyen Hai district, and Cau Ngang district. We are incredibly delighted to implement a programme of major importance to the community and to support local progress towards achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals ('UN SDGs'). Our managers are working on the following stages of this development programme, hoping that the programme will be successful and yield real benefits for supporting local people to develop and implement climate-resilient livelihoods.”
SALA, 25 Nguyen Co Thach St, An Loi Dong ward, District 2, Thu Duc city, Ho Chi Minh City
086 209 8879
(+84)28 7300 2101
Con Trung Hamlet, Truong Long Hoa Commune, Duyen Hai Town, Tra Vinh Province
0394 886 229
Sign up to
Copyright © 2023 TWPC. All rights reserved. Built by Eraweb